[cl-opengl-devel] gl:clear and depth-buffer

Sumant Oemrawsingh soemraws at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 2 04:24:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

After successfully installing cl-opengl, I ran into the following problem when
trying to run the examples. I found that the demo's ran without explicit
errors, but the output didn't look right. Basically, gl:clear wasn't doing its
job.

After some messing around and help from people on #lisp, I found that after
(gl:clear :color-buffer :depth-buffer), a (gl:get-error) returned
INVALID-VALUE. When removing the :depth-buffer bit, it returned ZERO. When
keeping the :depth-buffer and removing the :color-buffer, it returned
INVALID-VALUE again. The constants in constants.lisp match those in GL.h, so
that shouldn't be the problem.

I'm using SBCL 1.0.28, nvidia binary drivers as well as intel (crappy)
drivers. The libGL.so is symlinked to the card that I'm using, and I've
verified that when loading cl-opengl, the correct library is used for the card
that I'm running.

So this is more of a "is this a bug?" or "help, it doesn't work!" type mail,
and am not sure if I should have sent it to devel. However, I didn't know what
else to do.

Regards,
Sumant