[cl-opengl-devel] Models

Greg Bennett gwbennett at sentex.ca
Sat Jan 17 18:55:10 UTC 2009

Good afternoon all. I am experimenting with cl-opengl with the idea of
porting a project
to linux from Mac/Windows (Macintosh CL/ Allegro CL). Most of the
interaction with
current versions is graphical - menus and dialogs, but I have become
accustomed to a
cycle of using the system to get results from data analyses, then
doodling in the repl to
explore one or two aspects of the result, before returning to the
system's window,menus, etc.;
perhaps even firing off commands from the repl to one or more existing
windows to
add certain  objects to themselves.

As far as I can see from the examples and my readings in the redbook,
this sort of cycle is not possible
when using OpenGL since the toploop is taken over by the event loop of
the graphics
processes; when I run the example files I certainly lose access to the repl.

I should have said that I'm using cmucl19e under ubuntu-8.10, both in
32bit mode. My copy of
the cl-opengl files is dated, by ls -lt, 2008-11-11.

If there are sources of examples other then those which came with that
copy of cl-opengl, I would
be grateful for pointers to them.

Thx for any and all advice and assistance
Cheers /Greg Bennett