[cl-opengl-devel] Trouble using gl:color-mask.

raito at raito.com raito at raito.com
Fri Sep 26 15:10:07 UTC 2008

Bart,

Thanks. That works. It'll probaly save me frustration for other calls, too.

Quoting Bart Botta <00003b at gmail.com>:

> (oops, forgot to send to the list, sorry for duplicates)

I can hardly complain for getting help, can I?

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM,  <raito at raito.com> wrote:
>
>>  (gl:color-mask :false :false :false :false)
>
> cl-opengl uses common lisp "generalized booleans" (where anything
> except NIL means true) instead of :true or :false most places, so the
> following should do what you want :
>
>  (gl:color-mask nil nil nil nil)
>
> Took me a bit to notice the problem though, so possibly we should
> support :false as meaning GL_FALSE as well?

Possibly. A cursory check of the net for example code for gl-color-mask
seems to
show about half the examples using GL_FALSE, and the other half using 0
(geez...). Another cursory check of the docs subdirectory shows... very
little.
(I was a bit worried that I hadn't RTFA, but FA doesn't seem to have much.)

Neil Gilmore
raito at raito.com