[cl-opengl-devel] OpenGL 3.0

Bart Botta 00003b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:57:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Adding a cl-opengl3 system sounds like a good idea.

With completely separate code, or with it shared in some way?

Keeping the ffi level stuff separate is probably easier than trying to
split it into 3 parts (common, parts of 3+ not shared by older
versions, and parts of older versions removed from new versions).
For lisp level stuff, it might be worth factoring out common code,
though differences in valid arguments might make that harder...

By my count, full gl3 core has about 620 functions total.
Without deprecated functions, there are 286 left.
(for comparison, I count 336 in gl1.0 + 1.1, of which 78 remain after
removing deprecated functions)

-b-