[cl-opengl-devel] A benchmark/RFC and a patch for very basic ARB_vertex_programs

Charlie McMackin charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com
Thu May 10 23:03:07 UTC 2007

A week ago or so i was interested in a benchmark done for Perl
bindings of OpenGL that was front-paged on OpenGL.org. Take a look at
http://www.graphcomp.com/opengl then click Documentation > Benchmarks.

Anyway I decided to translate that into CL with some success after
adding very basic support for ARB_vertex_programs. And I do mean very
basic. I know it's not the latest greatest 2.0 Shaders etc but eye
candy is enough for me right now. ;)

My RFC is based in getting some of the timer codes to work. I've spent
some time tracking it down but once I got visual output I've been
wanting to upload. I think the FBO rendering FPS and Teapot rendering
FPS stats are correct (as they are quite close to the C runtime's
numbers)... the rest... well I'm getting negative numbers for overhead
values. Also, you have to manually hit ESC to terminate the test; not
like the original C version.

I didn't include this benchmark as a patch to the tree just in case
there were copyright concerns. make sure you have required cl-opengl
glut and glu then run with (ogl-bench:ogl-bench)

hope you like,
charlie mac