[cl-opengl-devel] a patch to add a support for the Vertex Arrays

Denys Rtveliashvili rtvd at mail.ru
Wed May 2 19:35:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

I created a patch for adding a support for Vertex Arrays in cl-opengl.
It works great with the "aapoly" demo from the Red Book.

The main problem was to handle the vertex/color/etc.. arrays. The
respective OpenGL functions do not copy them when called. Instead, they
register their location and then reference them when functions like
glDrawArray are called. That's why it was not convenient to use macros
like (with-foreign-object ...) and I had to create a special class for
managing these arrays.

Some parts of functionality like "glInterleavedArrays" is not
implemented. That's because it is not clear for me how should it look
like in Lisp. Actually, in such cases it does not seem to be a good idea
to support this function at all.

Please let me know what is the best way to send you the patch. I will
attach it to this email, but I am 99% sure it will be corrupted during
transmission.

Regards,
Denys