[cl-opengl-devel] RFC: Merging thomas branch into main

Charlie McMackin charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 14:59:59 UTC 2007

Since Luís hinted in a previous message to the list that consensus
need be sought on whether or not to merge cl-opengl-thomas in to the
main tree, I thought I would get the ball rolling for when he is free
to do so (or not as the case may warrant).

I offer these points as pro-merge:

- With CFFI-new-types merged into CFFI-main, the main cl-opengl repo
probably won't compile for anyone starting out using 'darcs get' or
(require :cl-opengl) and will break for anyone using 'darcs pull'

- Most recent patches have been requested to patch against the thomas branch

- As far as I know, there's been no regression in the GL functionality area

merge cons:

- In it's current state, thomas will break some cl-glut-examples demos

Anyone concluding differently or similarly? Comments?

Charlie McMackin