[cl-opengl-devel] Re: RFC: Merging thomas branch into main

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:15:03 UTC 2007

Hello Charlie,

"Charlie McMackin" <charliemac+cl-opengl at gmail.com> writes:
> Since Luís hinted in a previous message to the list that consensus
> need be sought on whether or not to merge cl-opengl-thomas in to the
> main tree, I thought I would get the ball rolling for when he is free
> to do so (or not as the case may warrant).

Thanks for sending this message!

> I offer these points as pro-merge:
>
> - With CFFI-new-types merged into CFFI-main, the main cl-opengl repo
> probably won't compile for anyone starting out using 'darcs get' or
> (require :cl-opengl) and will break for anyone using 'darcs pull'

Not a particularly pro-merge point, it just means the main branch has
suffered some bitrot, because...

> - Most recent patches have been requested to patch against the thomas
> branch

... most people seem to be having success with the thomas branch and the
new functionality therein.

> - In it's current state, thomas will break some cl-glut-examples demos

Again, bitrot. Just needs to be fixed. Not a big deal.

But yeah, I completely agree that cl-opengl-thomas should be merged. It
has had a lot of testing. People seem to be using it with no problems,
and all development has been taking place there. If Oliver and James
don't have any objections, I'll push the cl-opengl-thomas patches over
to the main cl-opengl branch soon.

Also, you guys that have been sending patches should definitely be added
to the cl-opengl group. Send me your c-l.net account names so we can
make those requests.

Ah, and please let me know if I missed any patch!

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/