[cl-opengl-devel] Fun GPLed Common Lisp OpenGL Molecule Viewer

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:59:47 UTC 2007

Hello Doug,

Sorry for the very late reply.

On 04/09/2007, doug at hcsw.org <doug at hcsw.org> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone can confirm this works
> for them on whatever environments or has any other
> comments. Also, cl-opengl-devel: feel free to
> include it as an example with the bindings if you
> feel it will help anyone!

Works for me with SBCL/1.0.12 running on OSX/ppc. I only had to make a
minor adjustment due to a minor incompatibility between current
cl-opengl and the cl-opengl-thomas branch I'm using. The first comment
that pops to my mind is: finally, a cl-opengl program that is actually
useful. (I have only done redbook examples and a silly game so far.
:-))

I've added your program to the examples directory. We probably should
give it some sort of licence. Is BSD (the same as the rest of
cl-opengl) OK with you?

> The random walk framerate testing mode is neat.
> The code is also good for getting an intuitive
> feeling for how GL lighting works as well as a good
> example of using rotation matrices in CL
> (gl:with-pushed-matrix is brilliant).

Yeah, with-pushed-matrix is such a trivial abstraction/utility yet
works so nicely.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/