[cl-opengl-devel] Trying to do Nehe tutorials

Charlie Burrows charlie.burrows at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:17:12 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have much time to try your code at the moment, maybe someone
> else can run it and debug it, though. Anyway, just wanted to tell you
> that patches adding NeHe code to the examples directories are most
> welcome. Try to follow the coding conventions in the other examples if
> possible.

Yup, no problem. I'm pretty much copying the redbook examples
structure and trying to go from there.

> Also, comments regarding the GLUT CLOS API (ah, 3 acronyms in a row)
> are also welcome. It's mostly an experiment since GLUT sucks, but
> still. :)

I haven't used glut enough to say if its good or bad in general. I
just like the fact that I don't have to invoke (and therefore require)
a random windowing library so I don't know how deeply I'll explore
glut. Like I said, I'm new to gl so I can't say what I'm going to use
or not. So far I really like the GCA (not just a TLA but a TAA) but
I'll let you know if anything irritates me!

Cheers,
Charlie