[cl-opengl-devel] Re: New CFFI features relevant to cl-opengl

Oliver Markovic entrox at entrox.org
Wed Feb 22 20:13:32 UTC 2006

On 22.02.2006, at 00:06, Luís Oliveira wrote:

> What about something like this:
>
>   (defmacro defglfun (name rettype &body args)
>     `(defcfun ,name ,rettype , at args))
>
> Then a CLX backend would implement this macro (which would probably be
> slightly more complicated, I'm sure). I have no idea if this makes
> sense
> as I've never touched CLX.
>
> Again, if it does make sense, I volunteer to do the gruntwork. :-)

Yes, this is pretty much what I had in mind, but I'm not sure
if this is so important to change right now. I'd try to focus on
getting a releasable binding for OpenGL and GLU(T) with sane
semantics for CFFI first before making too many accommodations
for hypothetical features which may never get implemented
anyway. But feel free to do it if you're bored. :)

--
   Oliver Markovic