[cl-objc-devel] NSAutoreleasePool problem

Jean-Philippe Barette-LaPierre jpbarrette at gmail.com
Wed May 7 01:23:15 UTC 2008

As I mentioned on a previous post, I was annoyed by the following message
(about thousands of them):

*** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0xa00545d0 of class NSCFString
autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

It seems that for hello-world example just using:

(defparameter *pool* (invoke (invoke 'ns-autorelease-pool alloc) init))

at the beginning is sufficient. I suspect that it would *considerably*
affect the rapidity the first run.
Currently it takes about 10 minutes to do it, spending 75% or more of its
time to print log errors.
I'm neither a lisp or an objective-C expert, so I don't know what would be
the better practice.
objective-cl project seems to have some guidelines for this. I'll check this
week if I could be
inspired by it.