[cl-muproc-devel] [Patch] Reorganisation of impl-dependent functions: proposal

Rudi Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Mon May 29 10:41:01 UTC 2006

On 29. Mai 2006, at 11:07, Klaus Harbo wrote:

> I have taken a brief look at your patch and overall I think your
> proposal looks very sensible.  I think I agree with getting rid of
> the dependency on acl-compat, since it is so small anyway.  Your
> patch does cause a number of warnings in LW that I'd prefer to get
> rid of, so I'll take a better look at the code, probably later
> today (read: tonight).  More later.

FWIW, I now think it's better to truncate muproc-compat so that it
does not define the "stub" compat functions/macros.  At least some
warnings might be due to that.

Another thing that doesn't warrant its own mail yet: I got most of
the openmcl port done.  What's missing is a stable version of muproc-
spawn.  It might be necessary to introduce another function in cl-
muproc.comat, something like create-and-init-thread (thread-fn init-
fn) that does the things muproc-spawn does inside the %without-
scheduling% form.  Lisp platforms that use native threads can't
support without-scheduling, but at least in openmcl it is possible to
create a thread structure without starting it, so cl-
muproc.compat:create-and-init-thread will use without-scheduling on
lispworks and create-thread->(funcall init-fn)->start-thread on
openmcl.  I'll send a patch once the basic muproc tests are running.

Cheers,

Rudi