[cl-migrations-devel] first test ...

Vamsee Kanakala vamlists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 19:04:54 UTC 2007

Nicolas Lamirault wrote:

> 5- Database model

[snip]

> Migration #1:
> EXEC: "create table employees (id serial, name varchar(100))"
> EXEC: "create table products (id serial, name varchar(100))"
> While  accessing  database  #<MYSQL-DATABASE localhost/test/root  OPEN
> {AA87289}>
>   with expression "UPDATE SCHEMA_INFO SET VERSION = 1 WHERE (VERSION =
>   0)":
>   Error 1146 / Table 'test.SCHEMA_INFO' doesn't exist
>   has occurred.
>    [Condition of type CLSQL-SYS:SQL-DATABASE-DATA-ERROR]

It looks like a known problem. According to the clsql guys, it's better
to solve this problem at the server side:

http://lists.b9.com/pipermail/clsql-help/2004-December/000377.html

The relevant mysql link:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

Hope this solves your problem. I have fixed the other problems you have
reported - however, I am no longer exporting the *migration-dir*, to
make sure the database connection is configured properly before the
migrations are run. Decoupling *migration-dir* and database config is a
little tricky now, will perhaps solve this in the next version.

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Regards,
Vamsee