[cl-mathstats-devel] Re: [darcs-users] Problem between Darcs 1.04 and Darcs 1.05

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue Jan 24 23:49:02 UTC 2006

> I'm currently using Darcs 1.04 (exact versions below). I have a
> repository that seems to work fine:

> However, when I try to get the repository with 1.05 or check or
> repair the one I have, I get inconsistency errors:

I'm afraid that your repository is corrupt.  Did you manually edit
files under _darcs/current?  Did you use Unison on the repo?

Darcs 1.04 has a bug where it fails to check patches exhaustively
enough.  This bug is fixed in 1.05.

> what, if anything, can I do to make my 1.04 repos into happy 1.05 ones??

The simple solution would be to use 1.04 to generate all the
historical versions of your project, and then manually record them one
by one in a new repo.  Another solution would be to simply discard
history, and make a new repo starting at the current version.

It's probably possible to edit the files under _darcs/patches to fix
the repo manually, but it'd probably be a lot of work.

                                        Juliusz