[cl-markdown-devel] Documentation?

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Jun 26 23:11:32 UTC 2007

Hi Andreas,

Documentation is one of the things sorely lacking from CL-Markdown.
For now, here is the docstring of the markdown function:

>   "Convert source into a markdown document object and optionally
> render it to stream using format. Source can be either a string or
> a pathname or a stream. Stream is like the stream argument in
> format; it can be a pathname or t \(short for *standard-output*\)
> or nil \(which will place the output into a string\). Format can
> be :html or :none. In the latter case, no output will be generated.
>
> The markdown command returns \(as multiple values\) the generated
> document object and any return value from the rendering \(e.g., the
> string produced when the stream is nil\)."

So, for example,

> markdown> (markdown "
> ### Title
>
> Some text
>
> * a list
>     * with sublists
>     * and so on
> * and so on
>
> More text" :stream nil)
> #<document @ #x11c93f92>
> "<h3>Title
> </h3>
> <ul><li>with sublists
> </li><li>and so on
> markdown>

I do hope to be able to stop developing a manual in the relatively
near future...

Please let me know if you have any more questions,
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 885 9127