[cl-markdown-devel] announce: CL-Markdown 0.8.5

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Feb 6 22:34:26 UTC 2007

Today's update to [CL-Markdown][] marks brings more fixes to
paragraphs and entity encoding. It also finds CL-Markdown saying
goodbye to [HTML-Encode][] (because I decided that because I only
used a tiny bit of it and because "less dependencies" is a good
thing, it was better just to pull the bit out and make it my own...).

Oh, there's one more thing: if you're generating HTML (and, frankly,
who isn't nowadays), then CL-Markdown looks for the following
properties:

* author
* description
* copyright
* keywords
* date
* refresh
* expires

If it finds one, it adds the appropriate META tag to the HTML header
(i.e., either `name` or `http-equiv`). There is no sanity checking
but it should handle the basics. If it doesn't, let me know.

[HTML-Encode]: http://www.cliki.net/html-encode
[CL-Markdown]: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-markdown/
[Trivial-shell]: http://common-lisp.net/project/trivial-shell/
[comparison]: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-markdown/comparison-