[cl-markdown-devel] CL-Markdown update

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon May 22 23:07:09 UTC 2006

Apologies if you've already read this on Planet Lisp...

I've removed CL-Markdown's dependency on LML2 (though CL-Markdown-
Test still uses it to generate the comparison reports). I've also
fixed several small tickets. The most important one probably being
the correct handling of line breaks with <pre>s sections. I also
changed the signature of the markdown form. The new one looks like:

> Convert source into a markdown document object and optionally
> render it to stream using format. Source can be either a string or
> a pathname or a stream. Stream is like the stream argument in
> format; it can be a pathname or t (short for *standard-output*) or
> nil (which will place the output into a string). Format can
> be :html or :none. In the latter case, no output will be generated.
>
> The markdown command returns (as multiple values) the generated
> document object and any return value from the rendering (e.g., the
> string produced when the stream is nil).

I hope that's clear. It makes it easy to go from strings or files to
strings or files in any supported format (i.e., in HTML <Smile>).

There is still some distance to go before the basics are complete but
things are starting to look pretty good.
--
Gary Warren King
metabang.com