[cl-json-devel] not a darcs expert...

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Thu Jan 14 08:21:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> I have a patch that adds json-rpc-2.0 support.

Great!

> I am trying to get darcs to give it to me to send.
>
> But darcs won't let me.  I'm not sure if it's because of the name I gave
> the patch, "add-json-rpc-2.0-support", or whether it's because darcs has
> some theory about patch dependencies that I don't understand.

It is not because of the naming, it is about dependencies.

> I ask it to send this patch, and it asks me about other patches that I
> don't want to send, and then it says "You don't want to send any
> patches, and that's fine with me!" to which my reply is "No, YOU don't
> want to send any patches, Mr. Darcs program, and that's not fine with me."

Darcs compares your repo with the one you pulled from, and since your
patches probably are related (touches similar lines), it
want you to send all the patches that are needed. This should be no
problem at all, just send all as a patch bundle.

I think it might be whitespace cleanups from your editor that makes
all your patches dependent to an extent you don't agree with.

I use darcsum.el to easily select what to include in a patch, I try to
keep only logically related changes in each patch.

I can support you more off-list. If you really don't want to send all
patches as one bundle just send me a zip file when you are finished
and I will record some patches.

Thanks,
Henrik