[cl-json-devel] Suggestion for JSON-RPC function table

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 13 22:08:24 UTC 2010

In the current version of CL-JSON, defining a json-rpc-function puts the
/function/ in a hash-table.

I have been wrestling with testing my json-rpc-2.0 code and find that
this structure makes my code hard to debug.  In particular, I can't
effectively TRACE a function that's exported from cl-json.

How would you feel about putting the symbol that /names/ the function
into the hash-table, instead of the function itself?

At the expense of another hash-table lookup, we get the ability to trace
our exported functions....

No code change to speak of, since the call to apply will work on the
function name as well as the function object.

Best,