[cl-irregsexp-devel] a new user with some questions

John Fremlin john at fremlin.org
Tue Sep 29 04:51:52 UTC 2009

Hi Attila,

Really appreciate you getting in touch.

It's great to have someone using cl-irregsexp!

Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> writes:

> i've started to play around with cl-irregsexp and its performance is
> great!

I'm sure it could be improved (especially compilation) . . . any case
where you wanted better performance would be great to hear about.

> i have a few suggestions/questions:
>
>  - why not use alexandria instead of cl-utilities? it is the quasi
> standard cl util lib and it has both #:with-unique-names and
> #:once-only.

Thanks for spotting that.

I made cl-irregsexp before I found out about Alexandria.

To show willing, I have changed it and pushed.

>  - why depend on iter? seems like it is used at only place.

If you don't like iter and can cleanly replace that place (match-replace-all?)
with another way of doing it, then I would be happy to drop the dependency.

> i'll set up a git repo with a branch for easy cherry-picking my
> changes and will get back to you with the repo link (once our site is
> back up again).

Please do!

I eagerly await it!