Re[2]: [cl-irc-devel] CL-IRC on CLISP on Win32

Victor bobbie at ua.fm
Wed Mar 26 13:58:54 UTC 2008

> On 3/26/08, Victor <bobbie at ua.fm> wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I've been trying to run CL-IRC on CLISP on Win32.
> > >
> > > After coping with error messages from the ASDF, I am
> > > trying to connect to a FreeNode IRC server:
> > >
> > > [2]> (in-package :irc)
> > >
> > > #<PACKAGE CL-IRC>
> > >
> > > IRC[3]> (connect :nickname "bottie" :server "irc.freenode.net")
> > > *** - Condition of type USOCKET:UNKNOWN-ERROR.
> > >
> > > The following restarts are available:
> > >
> > > ABORT          :R1      Abort main loop
> > >
> > > Break 1 IRC[4]>
> > >
> > > I would like to know whether it is known that CL-IRC can be run
> > > on Win32, and which CL implementation is preferable for
> > > running it on that operating system.
> > >
> > > With best regards,
> > > Victor
> >
> > Issue is solved: the reason was a running Anti-Virus blocking connections
> > to the irc server.
> >
> > Thus, I've been able to run a cl-irc based bot on CLISP on Win32.
> >
> > With best regards,
> > Victor
>
> That's great to hear! I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier. I did see your mail.
>
> If you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hello!

Well, actually, I am planning to improve bot stability:
make it automatically reconnect broken connection
handle "duplicate nickname" issue, better handling of
errors reported during bot's normal operation.

In the future I would like to simplify bot code maintenance
efforts and make it usable by other wiki-channels.

So, it is quite possible that I will ask some questions
on this mailing list.

With best regards,

Victor

Научим каждого зарабатывать на колебаниях курсов валют.
Запись на бесплатный семинар http://www.fxclub.org/condition_howtrade_freeseminar/