[cl-irc-devel] Make cl-irc non blocking ?

Lionel Flandrin simias.n at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 14:48:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

  I'd like to write a minimal curses IRC client, and cl-irc seems the way
to go. However, irc:read-message blocks if there's nothing to process in
the connection. Since I'm not fond of threads, I wondered if there could
be a way to use cl-irc in a non-blocking fashion ?

  The function read-sequence-until seems to take a key parameter
"non-blocking", I thought that maybe modifying read-irc-message and
adding ":non-blocking t" would do what I want ? Anyway, I thought I'd
ask for your advices first.

Thanks for your good work,
--
Lionel