[cl-irc-devel] MODE tracking (again)

Brian Mastenbrook bmastenb at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Mar 21 02:40:42 UTC 2005

On Mar 19, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> I know I sent a mail about this subject to this list somewhere around
> september last year. The response was to commit it to CVS, in order to
> allow
> review. So, as soon as I finish writing the log message I can commit it
> (hopefully tonight).
>
> Since the last time, I have rewritten most of the code. Below is the
> document I used to guide my design. I could commit that too, but was
> not
> planning to.
>
> Comments?

Hi Erik,

What you have here looks great. The only question I have is that you
seem to be treating modes which hold a value and modes which are on /
not on the same. This is fine but I don't think that generalized
booleans should be the right way to look at it: rather modes whose
value are t / nil are modes which are on / not on, and modes which have
some non-boolean value are modes which hold a value. Does this make
sense? Is it the way you've implemented it in the code?

Thanks!
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net