[cl-interpol-devel] Re: CL-INTERPOL - String interpolation for Common Lisp

Bharat Raval b_raval11 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 07:40:26 UTC 2007

  Dear All,

  This is Bharat Raval.

  Can I know what is the purpose and meaning of sending the mail as under.....

  Thanks,

  Bharat.

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

  Hi Mac,

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:44:24 -0800, "Mac Chan" wrote:

> I know this go against the project name CL-INTERPOL, but I have always found myself using a quote operator where you can quote anything verbatim inside (including escape character backslash)
>
> '\' => \
>
> instead of
>
> '\\' => \

This way I can easily include javascripts, xml and whatnot in my program by just copy and pasting.

I'm thinking about adding a character q or s (stand for strict quote, no interpolation) to pecify this mode.

> #?q
>
> or
>
> #?s
>
> It's only couple lines of code and I already have it done.
>
> I was wondering if you mind I submit this as a patch to CL-INTERPOL so other people can make use of it and I have one less file to include in my projects (I use most of your fine bsd licensed libraries).

[Cc to mailing list.]

That's fine with me (I'd suggest "q" and not "s"), but please make sure your patch adheres to the conditions I've listed at the end of this email:

http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/tbnl-devel/2007-January/000940.html

Thanks in advance,
Edi.
cl-interpol-devel site list