[cl-gtk2-devel] windows unresponsive

harven at free.fr harven at free.fr
Mon Dec 3 17:34:14 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am new to cl-gtk2, I just installed it today.
Unfortunately I run into a weird behavior that makes it unusable.
I installed cl-gtk2 from quicklisp.
I am using sbcl together with emacs and slime.

CL-USER> (ql:quickload :cl-gtk2-gtk)
(:CL-GTK2-GTK)
CL-USER> (gtk-demo:demo)

At that point, the demo window opens with a list of links.
I can click on the links and the demo starts.
But if at any moment, the mouse cursor leaves the window, or if I
click on some button (say maximize), or if I move the window,
all windows spanned by the demo, and the demo window itself, freeze.
They become unresponsive, I can't even close them and I must force-quit
to get rid of them (and that kills the lisp process).

Same behavior with the examples on the website. Any attempt at moving,
resizing or closing a window, or just moving the cursor outside the window,
results in a freeze. And there seems to be no way to get debugging information.

How can I fix this behavior?

Here are the versions I use
sbcl 1.0.55
emacs 24.1.1