[cl-gtk2-devel] gtk_widget_add_events

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 14 05:50:10 UTC 2011

Hello,

I notice that gtk_widget_add_events() is missing from the cl-gtk2 library,
is this intentional? Is it just a few defcfuns and whatnot to get it
working? I want to add some event handling (keypresses, mouse, etc)
to a glgtkext drawing area, but I can't figure out how to add them with
the current interface.

In addition, I think the symbol CONNECT-SIGNAL is not exported from cl-gtk2,
is there another method I should use to connect a function to a signal on
a widget?

Also, what version of GTK2 does cl-gtk2 target? When it loads I get some
of these (I'm using gtk2 2.20 on my linux box):

WARNING: GType GdkWindow is not known to GObject
WARNING: GType GdkWindow is not known to GObject
WARNING:
   Declared GType name 'GdkWindow' for class 'GDK-WINDOW' is invalid (g_type_name returned 0)
WARNING: GType GtkFileChooserEmbed is not known to GObject
WARNING: GType GtkFileChooserEmbed is not known to GObject
WARNING:
   Declared GType name 'GtkFileChooserEmbed' for class 'FILE-CHOOSER-EMBED' is invalid (g_type_name returned 0)
WARNING: GType LispArrayListStore is not known to GObject
WARNING: GType LispArrayListStore is not known to GObject
WARNING:
   Declared GType name 'LispArrayListStore' for class 'ARRAY-LIST-STORE' is invalid (g_type_name returned 0)
WARNING: GType LispTreeStore is not known to GObject
WARNING: GType LispTreeStore is not known to GObject
WARNING:
   Declared GType name 'LispTreeStore' for class 'TREE-LISP-STORE' is invalid (g_type_name returned 0)

Thank you.

-pete