[cl-gtk2-devel] debugging cl-gtk applications

Maciej Katafiasz mathrick at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:42:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 19:29, Kalyanov Dmitry
<kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, threading on Windows works quite fine (either in my SBCL fork
> (which is now outdated) or in Anton Kovalenko's (which is more
> up-to-date)). You would have to use fresh and patched libraries (namely,
> SLIME, Usocket needed patching - at least when I looked at them last
> time) and configure SLIME to use :spawn communication model. Then you'll
> be able to use debugger and interrupt threads.

Where's Anton's fork available? I was using your .msi builds, but as
you note, they're no longer the freshest around, Otherwise, yes, I
didn't mean to say that it doesn't work, just that SBCL-as-such
support of Win32 is rough, in particular when it comes to being
runnable under debugger itself, which necessary for any sufficiently
low-level detective work, such as accidentally making a list circular
and then feeding it to find, which I did once, and which results in a
pretty mysterious and entirely non-obvious stacktrace if you can't C-c
your way into the debugger from SLIME, which is another of these
nobody-wrote-the-patch-yet shortcomings.

Also, I'm very happy to hear you worked around the thread breakage
under Linux, it was seriously throwing a spanner in my wheels for a
while.

Cheers,
Maciej