[cl-gtk2-devel] debugging cl-gtk applications

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 24 00:02:21 UTC 2011

Hello,

When I use cl-gtk with sbcl, sometimes I write a bug where I define a
slot with an incorrect signature.

What SBCL does at this point is that the thread containing the wrong code
dumps a message (usually "wrong number of arguments 2", etc being the
entirety of it even with debug and safety at 3 and speed optimize at 0)
and stops, but the REPL apparently doesn't notice.

So, I then have this stopped thread hanging out in the background. How
does one access the correct thread to figure out a backtrace for the
failure?

Thank you.

-pete