[cl-gtk2-devel] Various issues with using CL-GTK2 as Lisp UI

Kalyanov Dmitry kalyanov.dmitry at gmail.com
Tue May 11 18:33:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 17:06:21, Jos Dassen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. When I make the GUI with Glade-3 and use cl-gtk2 builder, I get the
> basic GUI right. But I have not managed to create a Cairo surface which
> would allow me to use Cairo for my graphics. My GUI has a GtkDrawingArea
> widget, but using 'builder-get-object' I do not know how convert this to a
> Cairo surface. I have seen the cairo.demo.lisp, but this does not give me
> a clue on how to proceed. Anybody can help me with this ??

By using builder-get-object you can get the GtkDrawingArea widget. You should
subscribe to its 'expose' signal; in the signal handler, you create the cairo
context for GtkDrawingArea's GdkWindow (macro CL-GTK2-CAIRO:WITH-GDK-CONTEXT
does this), then bind it to cl-cairo2:*context* (macro CL-CAIRO2:WITH-CONTEXT
does this) and use functions from cl-cairo2 to draw on it.

----
Кальянов Дмитрий