[cl-graph-devel] Problems with vertex identity using in-cycle-p

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Fri Sep 14 15:46:24 UTC 2007

Hi Daniel,

On Sep 13, 2007, at 7:19 PM, Daniel Katz wrote:

> (cl-graph:in-cycle-p graph (car (cl-graph:vertexes graph))))

Once again, you're doing the right thing and CL-Graph bit rot is to
blame. The method

> (defmethod find-vertex ((graph basic-graph) (vertex basic-vertex)
>                         &optional (error-if-not-found? t))
>   (cond ((eq graph (graph vertex))
> 	 vertex)
> 	(t
> 	 (when error-if-not-found?
> 	   (error 'graph-vertex-not-found-error
> 		  :vertex vertex :graph graph)))))

is inexplicably gone missing. Thus when (find-vertex <graph>
<vertex>) was called, CL-Graph invoked the wrong method and decided
that the vertex wasn't there.

I'm traveling this week and it's therefore unlikely that I'll manage
to update the CL-Graph website. Adding the above method should,
however, be enough to let you keep going (and find the next bug <wry
smile>). I've also started to dust off the test-suite (boy it's
gotten moldy) and re-automate it.

thank for sending this on to me.
--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com