[cl-graph-devel] creating a graph

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:36:09 UTC 2007

Hello,

Reading
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-graph/documentation/cl-graph-package/generic-efunction-make--graph.html
gave me the impression that creating a graph is as simple as doing

(cl-graph:make-graph 'cl-graph:basic-graph)

But evaluating the above form or

(make-instance 'cl-graph:basic-graph)

I get

No methods applicable for generic function
#<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION MAKE-VERTEX-CONTAINER> with args
(#<BASIC-GRAPH
   #<Printer Error, obj=#x1000000ae9: #<UNBOUND-SLOT @ #x1002b13602>>>
 25)
of classes (BASIC-GRAPH FIXNUM)
   [Condition of type PROGRAM-ERROR]

in ACL; with SBCL, the error message is less helpful
Unable to display error condition
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Looks like as if more initargs are needed. Did I miss something in the
docs? Does one have to create a graph-container? (cl-graph:make-graph
'cl-graph:graph-container) certainly works.

BTW, the graph-container link on the page
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-graph/documentation/cl-graph-package/index.html
is dead.

Andras