[cl-graph-devel] Re: defsystem connection error

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Feb 21 04:06:29 UTC 2006

Hi David,

On Feb 20, 2006, at 7:31 PM, David Wallin wrote:

> BTW, when I try to update my darcs repository I get this error:
>
> darcs failed:  Not a repository: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-
> containers/metabang.bind/darcs/metabang.bind
>
> Has this package moved?

Ack. Yes. That's my bad. I moved metabang.bind to metabang-bind. I
should have left a link in something. My apologies.

> Is there any way to speed up `delete-vertex'? I've been profiling
> my code and delete-vertex seem to be a serious bottleneck.

It depends... Delete-vertex can be called with a "value" (in which
case it calls find-vertex) or an actual vertex. The latter is faster.
The method on vertexes deletes the vertex's edges and does a bit of
additional bookkeeping. There is a bit of error checking that could
probably be ignored in some cases. There is also some redundancy. For
example, the code to delete an edge involves removing the edge from
its two vertexes. Since the vertex being deleted is going to have all
of its edges wiped in any case, it might make sense to have some
special methods that get called only by the internal deletion machinery.

Does that make sense? Can you describe the sort of graphs with which
you are working?

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King