[cffi-devel] cffi changes are generating deprecation warning in cl-gd now

Liam Healy lnp at healy.washington.dc.us
Tue Jan 28 04:07:11 UTC 2014

Hi Jeff,

It's harmless, it's just telling you that the syntax that cl-gd uses for
structure arguments will eventually (in a future version of CFFI) not work.
The messages describes the problem. The structure is specified as
cl-gd::gd-image  in a function argument or return value. In the old
versions of CFFI, that was interpreted as a pointer to that structure,
because there was no other possibility. Now structures can also be
passed/returned by value using cffi-libffi, so you have to say explicitly
as the error message indicates. They might also need to change the use of
#'mem-aref (which before returned a pointer to the structure but now
returns the structure itself) into a #'mem-aptr.

I'm not subscribed to the cl-gd-devel list, so you should forward this
response there.

Liam