[cl-gd-devel] Tiny patch for create-image-from-file

Left Right olegsivokon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:59:08 UTC 2012

Hello list!

I've realized that create-image-from-file will not try to expand
logical pathnames. So, I wanted to suggest to change the line:

(namestring file-name)

(namestring (translate-logical-pathname file-name))

but I also saw that for CMU there is some other function used to read
the name, and so long I don't have it installed and never used it - I
don't know whether the same will fit there too.

This is line 115 in my version of sources (not modified).
This shouldn't break older programs because if there are no
translation rules, then the original pathname is returned from
translate-logical-pathname, but theoretically, it could produce
situations when previously some bizarre file name was taken literally
instead of being interpreted.

Well, that's it.

Oh, and this would probably then apply to other functions that call on
C functions to do I/O... If this makes sense, I could search for all
such functions and export a clean patch for them. Should I?

Best.

Oleg