[cl-gd-devel] CL-GD on 64-bit Lisp problem

Jeffrey Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Thu Sep 8 16:46:05 UTC 2011

I just tried coming at it a different way and get a different error
message:

(require 'cffi-uffi-compat)
(require 'cl-gd)
ASDF could not load cl-gd because
UFFI is a nickname for the package CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT.

UFFI is a nickname for the package CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT
    [Condition of type SB-KERNEL:SIMPLE-PACKAGE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [TRY-RECOMPILING] Recompile package and try loading it again
  1: [RETRY] Retry loading FASL for #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "uffi" "src"
"package">.
  2: [ACCEPT] Continue, treating loading FASL for #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "uffi"
"src" "package"> as having been successful.
  3: [*ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
  4: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "repl-thread"
RUNNING {B113561}>)

Backtrace:
   0: (SB-IMPL::UPDATE-PACKAGE-WITH-VARIANCE ..)

So it seems that if cl-gd gets loaded first, it sees the 32/64-bit glue
problem. But if cffi-uffi-compat is loaded first, cl-gd isn't compatible
with my unaltered cffi / uffi installation.

--Jeff