[cl-gd-devel] Re: GIF support in CL-GD

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun May 15 13:12:41 UTC 2005

[Cc to mailing list]

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply - I was on vacation.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 00:25:48 -0400, Yannick Gingras <ygingras at ygingras.net> wrote:

> Hi, had to install CL-GD on a machine that didn't have the GIF
> support.  I incorporated a test in the Makefile of the wrapper code
> to remove the dependency on GIF related functions if GIF support was
> not detected on the host machine:
>
>   http://adn.bioinfo.uqam.ca/~gingras_y/cl-gd-0.4.7-test.tar.bz2
>
> It is probably too ugly to be realesed but I hope it can help you in
> doing a version of CL-GD that would work on machines with and
> without the GIF support.

Thanks for this.  As you already guessed I'm a bit reluctant to
incorporate this into the release.  This is mainly because the
Makefile is a contributed file that I don't plan to maintain.  With
your addition the .asd system defition might be modified by make.

I had a very simple "solution" up to version 0.4.1 of CL-GD where you
had to manually add a keyword to *FEATURES* in order to build GIF
support.  I've removed this because I thought that GIF support should
be available to all GD users by now.  Maybe the easiest way to cope
with old GD libs is to revert to the 0.4.1 situation but with GIF
support being the default now?

Cheers,
Edi.