Fwd: [cl-dwim-devel] Adding the concept of a natural key to perec

Dan Lentz danlentz at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:58:14 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Dan Lentz*
Date: Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Subject: [cl-dwim-devel] Adding the concept of a natural key to perec
To: Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com>

In either case, it saddens me.  The dwim libraries are some of the most
ambitious, innovative, and substantial in the body of contemporary
common-lisp.  (IMHO). On the bright side I'm probably years from fully
understanding all of it so at least you've left a prodigious bone for
others such as myself to gnaw on. :).

I do hope, though, that its not the end of your work extending and refining
these libraries -- I think they contribute to the ongoing viability of CL
as a modern platform.  In particular it would be wonderful if the web
meta app meta server were to be updated and fleshed out a bit more someday.
 Maybe not to the standard set by perec (which is rock solid, in my
experience) but maybe a bit closer...  I haven't tried the sencha version
though -- is that operational?  A more recent JS framework like
sencha/extjs seems like it might offer a substantial upgrade to the
capability in terms of UI.

Warm regards,
Dan