[cl-dwim-devel] Reference without _oid

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 09:00:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

1. Defining constraints separately is not yet implemented and it is
not likely to be implemented in the near future. I think your solution
is just right for that problem.

2. When you rename a class it gets a new class id by default. There is
also a class option (:id) to provide one to avoid this kind of
problem. Changing the id will break all existing instance in the
database. You have to manually update the _oid column for all
instances and the _oid_reference columns in all tables to fix the
database. The best way to handle this is to keep the old id.

3. I must admit that I don't remember why we chose CRC32. We could
have used a hash algorithm too, maybe it wasn't available at the
time... Anyway, you can always provide your own id for your classes...

I hope this helps,
levy

--
There's no perfectoin