[cl-dwim-devel] dwim on common-lisp.net

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:09:36 UTC 2009

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been busy with pointer arithmetic
and checked exceptions lately...

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Kambiz Darabi <darabi at m-creations.com> wrote:
> I think all pages of the dwim related projects should be updated to
> point to http://dwim.hu/ which now contains the documentation.
I think a redirect to http://dwim.hu/project/hu.dwim.<project-name>
should be put in place of the old projects. At the same time we should
copy the current contents from common-lisp.net to dwim.hu and put them
on the project pages either in separate tabs or incorporate the stuff.
I'm not sure if we are already there, I mean wui have to be reliable
to make this step. We also definitely don't want to remove the old
repositories even though they will not follow the new ones except some
bugfixes.

> And maybe one could use the wiki and issue tracker for bugs/change
> requests/ideas etc.
I created a skeleton hu.dwim.wiki project that would be a simple
collaborative editing of HTML documents with cross references that is
accessible through an editable tree (the menu). I will also create a
hu.dwim.forum and a hu.dwim.bug-tracker for the usual things. You will
have the commit rights for those repositories too, ask attila for the
ssh login details.

I believe these are good tests for the metagui and also perec, and it
shouldn't be that hard to make something usable. We don't need to make
these projects super perfect and feature rich, we don't have such
requirements yet. These projects would also serve as a very good
documentation to hu.dwim projects in general, because they show how to
do non trivial things.

That's what I have in my mind, how does this sound?

Cheers,
levy

ps: eventually we will have to install some mail server software to
dwim.hu to move the mailing lists from common-lisp.net to our own
server.

--
There's no perfectoin