[cl-debian] [RFS] Batch of packages

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Sun Sep 30 23:22:59 UTC 2007

I uploaded to mentors 4 packages I'm searching a sponsor for. (and 1 was
still waiting)

For each package, I make the Mercurial history of my work available
online. If you're not familiar with Mercurial, note that these Web
addresses are both pullable and viewable in a browser, and provide RSS
feeds for various logs. In this case, the most interesting is the feed
for tags (I add a tag for each upstream and debian version).

First, I finally made a package from Bordeaux Threads 0.0.2[1][2], for
which I contributed license clarifications (there was actually no
license notice in the code, nor any license file).

  1. http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=bordeaux-threads
  2. http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/03/bordeaux-threads-pkg/

There is still a package for MT19937 1.1[3][4], a portable Mersenne
Twister random number generator.

  3. http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=mt19937
  4. http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/03/mt19937-pkg/

But the main part is getting Vecto into Debian. I modified the license
information for CL-Vectors 0.1.3[5][6] according to the reject of the
ftp-masters, created a package for the other missing dependency,
Salza-PNG 1.0[7][8] and last but not least, created a package for Vecto
1.0.1[9][10].

  5. http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=cl-vectors
  6. http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/03/cl-vectors-pkg/
  7. http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=salza-png
  8. http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/09/salza-png-pkg/
  9. http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-packages?action=details;package=vecto
  10. http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2007/09/vecto-pkg/

For all these packages, I'm searching for a sponsor to do the upload. If
my work is of a sufficient quality, I'd like to become officially Debian
Maintainer for them, to be able to upload them autonomously. It may be
helpful if I also take maintainership for Salza, I suppose.

Dependently,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A