[cl-debian] Re: CL Policy

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Fri Oct 19 14:00:05 UTC 2007

Scribit Luca Capello dies 18/10/2007 hora 21:55:
> I think that because of clc the "policy" is already mandatory and I
> don't know of any CL package that doesn't follow it.

You're free not to use clc, and how you package your package exactly is
left at the maintainer's will entirely.

The policy should state explicitely, independently of the tool, where
files should be installed, what actions should be triggered in
maintainer scripts and how to deal with dependencies.

> The "Common Lisp in Debian Manual" [1] written by René should be the
> start for the policy, IMO.

And having dh_lisp obviously helps.

Quickly,
Pierre