[cl-debian] Moving to darcs.debian.org, co-maintenance and other bits

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Wed Oct 10 22:19:55 UTC 2007

Scribit Luca Capello dies 09/10/2007 hora 21:58:
> This is another point: we should distinguish between DDs involved in
> the CL-Debian project and any DDs outside it.

I would suggest the following repos, by default, for each package.  Note
that anything but the main repo is optional, and could be created on
demand.

- debian		code actually uploaded by maintainers
- upstream		upstream code
- nmu			code uploaded by non-maintainers
- proposed		code not uplaoded, for review

At least git and hg have the ability to hardlink repository data. A
Mercurial repo can also be updated to its null revision so as not to
have a working copy (or, actaully, an empty one). So we could create
automatically a dozen of repos for each package basically at no cost
(things like nmu-l10n).

We may also have repos or tags to make it easy to track Debian releases.
It may not be equally easy for each DVCS. I read that Git makes it hard
to have moving tags, for example (and actually discourages it).

An upstream repo would only be needed if we don't use upstream's DVCS,
actually.

> If we include clc in the CL-Debian project, we not only maintain
> Debian packages, but we develop software, too.  Thus, I'd say the best
> name would be
>
>     Debian Common Lisp Team <pkg-cl-devel at ...>

+1

> I guess the mailing list (pkg-cl-commits) should be read-only [...]
> and without archives

Yes, the only use is to be notified.

Quickly,
Pierre