[cl-debian] Re: sbcl/amd64, anonymous repository read access and a yak

Gerd Flaig gefla at pond.sub.org
Sat May 5 16:46:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

thanks for answering.

Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd at debian.org> writes:

> Gerd Flaig wrote:
>> Next step, try to find the repository. According to the cl-debian
>> project page[3], it's accessible with
>
> This information is wrong. For some reason the control files are wrong.
> The archive is using bzr. You should do:
>
> bzr checkout http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/pvaneynd/sbcl
> bzr checkout \
>    http://cl-debian.alioth.debian.org/repository/pvaneynd/sbcl-upstream

these paths don't exist. When I include 'bzr-moved' as second last
path component, it almost works: checkout complains that the
repository is read only, so I tried branch instead of checkout (I'm
new to bzr, so forgive me if I'm missing something), which worked.

Compiling and installing on dapper/amd64 also worked like a charm
after I compiled a current version of common-lisp-controller. The
repository at http://people.debian.org/~pvaneynd/cl-dapper-packages
contains clc version 6.9 according to the package index, but
installation failed with 404 not found.

> Sorry about that. I've corrected the control file and will upload new
> versions soon.

Great.

      Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first.
                -- Blaise Pascal