[cl-debian] VCS poll

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Dec 2 21:33:35 UTC 2007

Hi all!

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:40:08 +0100, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> Luca and me wanted to have some rough idea of what people want to and
> prefer to use, so I created a quick poll at
>
> http://pvaneynd.livejournal.com/93257.html

Sorry for my delay, I spent this time documenting myself on the
different VCSs before filling the poll :-)

ATM my CL-Debian packages are all maintained in darcs, because the
upstream situation the following: 7 in darcs, 2 in CVS and one in git
(previously CVS).

For the sake of information, I think we need a VCS that can handle
merging from other VCSs.  The idea is that we directly pull from
upstream VCS into the Debian repository.  AFAIK bzr, git and mercurial
have this option.  Since I tried only git, I gave my preference to it
(but I'll adopt whichever VCS the group will decide to use).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca