[cl-debian] #! defined in SBCL

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Sun Apr 1 01:02:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

I discovered a problem in SBCL that I could reproduce in Etch's and
Sid's packages.

Contrary the section 2.4.8 of the spec, (get-dispatch-macro-character
#\# #\!) returns a function. #! is used in SBCL's build indeed, but
should only be visible in "cold", not to the user after SBCL is fully
built.

To check if it could be a bug in the packaging that affects the build, I
quickly reviewed the content of the diff.gz, but couldn't find anything
relevant in it, so I checked if there was a difference between the
upstream source as shipped in the source package and the CVS, but the
orig.tar.gz of the etch package contains exactly the same source as the
CVS as tagged sbcl_0_9_16...

Is it possible that c-l-c is the source of this bug? I did not look at
it yet.

It's late now, but I'll probably file a clean bug report on this
tomorrow.

Nightly,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org