[cl-debian] ]clc: what to force into the cache directories and what not

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:30:04 UTC 2006

Forgot to reply to all...

Also, re: Luca, as I said in a previous message, it just doesn't work
to wholly disable the cache if you don't also disable the ASDF
repository. Otherwise you get a lot of systems that you can't load
anymore, because they are in the repository, but you have no write
access to where they are. And so, even if the cache is controlled by a
toggle (instead of an exposed redirection list as I would like), this
toggle SHOULD NOT disable cacheing for clc-managed systems.

Always design a thing by considering it in its next larger context -- a chair
in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, an environment in a
city plan. -- Eliel Saarinen