[cl-debian] Re: clc: what to force into the cache directories and what not

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Mon Oct 2 13:22:54 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:59:20 +0200, Peter Van Eynde wrote:
> I'm preparing a clc version that will undo the
> *redirect-fasl-files-to-cache* 'fix'.
[...]
> So what to do?
>
> - claim that slime/McClim is broken and fix them
> - only redirect to /var/cache for packaged libraries
>
> I'm voting for option 1.

/me too.

SLIME had this problem for a while, but IIRC it was solved with the
patch at [1], which seems to not have been applied yet.  We need to
push it upstream again.

I didn't check the Debian cl-mcclim sources yet, so I don't know how
its maintainer solved the problem, thus I cc:ed him :-)

> Oh Luca: #384457 seems still closed to me, not?

I replied to that bug because IMHO it was the one that trigger your
changes to c-l-c.  Maybe the best thing is to leave the
*redirect-fasl-files-to-cache* variable (a fix that closes #384457),
but default it to t (the simplest solution for a normal user and for
the CL-Debian packages), documenting its behavior in README.Debian
(and maybe NEWS.Debian, too, thus it appears during upgrades).

Just my 0.02€...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: