[cl-debian] ecl in the NEW queue

René van Bevern rvb at marx.progn.org
Fri Mar 24 14:36:34 UTC 2006

Luca Capello <luca at pca.it> writes:

Hello Luca,

> Something like there's a problem in the ${misc:Depends} generated by
> dh-lisp?

That is right. Debian Unstable still has dh-lisp 0.5, that is
completely unaware of ECL and can happend to confuse its fas files
with the ones of Clisp.

dh-lisp 0.6 is aware of ECL, pushes the CLC dependencies to CLC 5 and
does not confuse ECL with Clisp anymore. I asked Peter to upload
dh-lisp 0.6 a week ago and uploaded it to
http://progn.org/~rvb/dh-lisp and had not synchronized my Darcs
repository at that time, which he noticed. I don't know where the
problem is hanging now. :-)

dh-lisp 0.5 adds a dependency on the old CLC, while ECL has a manually
added CLC dependency of higher version, which results in two
dependencies on CLC.

If dh-lisp 0.6 was finally uploaded ;-) ECL wouldn't need any
specifica related to CL dependencies or similar things anymore. For
building ECL with dh-lisp, it should also use the -d switch, so that
no wrong Clisp dependency is added. If dh_lisp 0.5 finds a clisp on
the system that is used to build the current ECL, it will add a false
Clisp dependency. You never know what is installed on the buildds,
they don't always clean everything after builds.

So, getting dh-lisp 0.6 in would be a nice thing.

          Regards,
                René