[cl-debian] ecl in the NEW queue

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at debian.org
Thu Mar 16 08:22:32 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 23:34, René van Bevern wrote:
> Peter Van Eynde <cl-debian at pvaneynd.mailworks.org> writes:
>
> > Even with proper clc support :-)
>
> Wonderful. Is there any conclusion about ECL binaries' dependencies
> against libecl.so yet? It'd be nice to have a proper dh-lisp around
> once ECL is accepted. :-)

Ah. According to upstream the libecl.so interface is not firmly defined at
all, so he suggests to just have an ecl package that people can refer to. In
effect I'm also breaking another debian rule in that the library has rpath
defined :-S.

Honestly I do not think we will ever see the day a 'stable' libecl comes out,
the integration of ecl and libecl is just too large.

So in short: make the packages depend on the exact version of ecl used to
build them.

Groetjes, Peter

--
signature -at- pvaneynd.mailworks.org